The present building, built by the Collingwood Agricultural Society in 1909, housed the Great Northern Exhibition and has served as a drill hall for the militia. It also was the town's hockey arena until the present Eddie Bush Memorial Arena was built in 1949. At that time curling moved to its present site. The ice was natural until 1953 when the curlers installed a used artificial ice plant and poured the cement floor by wheelbarrow.
In 2004 the outdoor ice rink behind the club was built and installed new piping and floor in the club allowing for a six sheet facility and an excellent ice surface. In 2007 the Curling Club, in partnership with the Town of Collingwood, took on 2 major projects. The lounge was extended over the ice surface allowing for better viewing and an increase in capacity. As well, a new front entrance was installed with stairs giving direct access to the lounge from the street and an elevator giving wheelchair access to the lounge.
The Curling Club is located in Central Park, at 250 Hume Street. **Google map link**
Hours of Operation
Summer (April 15 – September 30)
During the summer months, the curling club building is available for rentals for functions and special events. To permit site, contact Registration & Permits Coordinator at (705) 444-2500
Winter (October 1 – April 15)
During the curling season, the Curling Club of Collingwood leases the premises from the Town of Collingwood.
The Curling Club of Collingwood provides a wide range of programs for all ages and levels of curlers. The following is a summary of the programs provided.
- Mixed Jitney Curling
- League Curling
- Team Curling
- Elementary School Program
- High School Program
- Junior Curling
- Special Olympians
- Wheel Chair Curling
- Breaking Down Barriers Fundraising Bonspiel
- Corporate Curling League
Town of Collingwood
To rent the Curling Club, contact Community Service Representatives at 705-444-2500
Curling Club of Collingwood
See Curling Club Website for full listing of contacts